Monday, August 16, 2010

"Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" -Johnathan Safron Foer

I am sorry to the ant and his family who I have hurt. He should not have found himself upon my keyboard at just the moment I was unable to stop my self from squishing his frail body. I have chosen to go into work at 9am today based upon the fact that I do not feel like working yet. Some would say this is lazy, I think it is a form of self love.

Most life is far from Hollywood's representation.

I just want Sunlight.

Steve Reich is a composer whose music I enjoy.

What if I just kept going with the random statements?

When would it end?

I suppose when I got bored or ran out of things to say.

Then I could just add things in whenever I felt like it.

They could go on forever.

The statements.

The questions.

What if everything does not need to be important to be stated?

Everything is not important.

What is important? AIDS? HIV? Babies? Music? Candle Wax? Friends?

Yea, I guess friends are pretty important.

I think people would die without friends.

We need each other to survive.

Maybe there is some badass neanderthal that doesn't need any friends to survive.

I think I would die though.

Or at least become depressed.

Really depressed.

What makes something important?

What makes anything important?

Whats the difference between those two questions?

So what if I think people will think these statements are dumb.

Fuck them.

Does it have to pertain to life or death?

Joy or Sorrow?

What is the real difference between Joy and Sorrow?

Is one any better than the other?

What about Joy and Happiness?

Rich or poor?

Funny or not funny?

White or Black.

What is preference?

Why do we prefer?

What the fuck?

I am not funny.

I am sad.

Does it matter?

What matters?

What is embarassment?

Fear of people knowing the truth?

Piano is moving.

So is Oboe.

Is that how you spell it?

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is a good book.

Is my life a circle?

I feel it goes in circles.

Like I just arrived at somewhere I have been before.

Is that what Mandalas are meant to convey?

What about sacred symmetry?

Is nothing sacred or is everything sacred?

Or is it that only certain things are sacred.

Like putting way too much work into one thing.

Like Schroedinger's Equation.

Orchestras are epic.

Live edit free.

I want to live edit free.

I want things to be right the first time.

Mistakes are meant to be made.

Or are they?

Can we avoid them all together by being extra careful the first time through?

Or is that a lie?

I think that's a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment