Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 5 of the 7 day 5am trial

Only two days left until I can sleep in past 5:05am. I feel like I should keep this early schedule. I tend to have more feelings of energy during the day. I am not sure if the resulting energy boost is from daily morning exercise or from waking up early. There is something about the sun rising and the day becoming light that is awakening. There is also a reminder of times when I was in high school. My best friend and I used to stay up on the computer playing video games like Half-Life:Counter-strike, Rune, Deus Ex, Age of Empires II and the text game Tdome II (Thunderdome) until the sun came up. Even back then when the sun came up after being awake all night I had a feeling of rejuvenation. Now I am having similar feelings, almost as if I am not getting quite the desired amount of sleep. I think that this feeling will pass in the next few days, only time will truthfully tell.

Food:
I am going to go make some eggs with banana, pear, and steel-cut oats then I will pack a lunch from leftover lentils with cooked leeks, green onions, garlic, jalapeno, and yellow onion. Being sure, I will bring an apple, 2 bananas, and an orange to ensure satiation during the whole day. For Dinner I will make a stir fry with ground Buffalo meat, garlic, chili powder, green and jalapeno peppers, yellow onion with a bit of rice and a salad from spinach, green onion, sliced almonds, and pear with apple cider vinegar and olive oil as dressing.

Some window sill greens are in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment