Friday, July 30, 2010

Zen with Mandalas

I am an amateur water colorer and penciler, but here is what I have made. Pictures are courtesy of my G1 "smart" phone. Smart here is surely a relative term. Thank you Einstein. In the future this phone will be called a dumb phone or a used-to-be smart phone. I will be making my own mandalas on a larger scale instead of using templates which I obtained from a book by Bartfield and Hutchinson called Mandala Designs. See below for pictures of my work. I realize that artistic and creative perspective must be practiced with science for innovative advancement in knowledge to occur. I cannot simply read a text book and expect to solve the world's problems. I can, however, express my self most elegantly by combining the art and practice of creation and synthesis with available knowledge about environments. For example, the use of intense color and texture with awareness of natural examples which surround us now like flower petals, light reflection, diffraction, and refraction, Cadmium Selenide Quantum Dots, and fluorescent molecular dyes.









No comments:

Post a Comment