Monday, July 26, 2010

Exploratorium and Cheap DIY food

A place where my day dreams can come true. A museum of art, science, and human perception. This museum encompasses my three favorite fields other than the life energy field that exists around us which inspire and express them. No sense trying to be profound. I will become a member there this week. I am a poor college student so this is a big commitment. A path which leaves me feeling full like after a delicious meal is a path I want to follow. Speaking of delicious meals I cooked some Chinese forbidden rice with black eyed peas, both were purchased in bulk at less than $3 a lb along with locally grown non-organic vegetables. I chose non-organic because they are half the cost most of the time and I would rather eat good amounts of fruits and vegetables than insufficient amounts of organic ones. With the peas, actually they are beans, they can be cooked in only 30 minutes, no soaking overnight which is typical of most dry beans. I added diced tomatoes, diced green peppers, diced hot red pepper, chopped red onion, white wine vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning, Cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. The combination is delicious, in addition I had a salad with kale, celery, green lettuce, lemon cucumber, Italian parsley, and normal parsley with some Caesar dressing. This meal is amazingly satisfying and quick to make. Even better is that I made enough for more than half this week's lunch and it cost me a whole lot less than going out to restaurants for food AND it is healthier for the digestive system and the immune system and probably more. I do not have the energy to count how much the meal cost exactly or how many meals I made exactly so I will wait until I get a request for that. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I might pop over for a bite to eat. After having no kitchen for six weeks because of our remodel, I'm ready to whip up something nutritious and delicious. A stove top is going in today, so good food may be in my near future! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete